Sunday 24th April 2016 – Road Closures for St Georges Day Parade in West Bromwich
ROLLING ROAD CLOSURES FOR ST GEORGE’S PARADE AND VAISAKHI PROCESSION
Rolling road closures will be in place for events this coming Sunday (24 April) to celebrate St George’s Day and Vaisakhi in Sandwell.
For the St George’s Day parade in West Bromwich, which runs from around 10.45am to 11.45am, the following roads will close on a rolling basis:
- Westminster Road (Hall Green Road to Marsh Lane)
- Lincoln Road (at its junction with Westminster Road)
- Beverley Road (at its junction with Westminster Road)
- Canterbury Road (at its junctions with Westminster Road)
- Marsh Lane (Marsh Lane / Westminster Road to Walsall Road)
- Walsall Road (Charlemont Road to Heath Lane)
- Heath Lane (Vicarage Road to All Saints Way / Holyhead Road / Newton Road)
- All Saints Way (Heath Lane / Newton Road / Holyhead Road to Parsonage Street – both carriageways)
- Parsonage Street (from its junction with All Saints Way to its junction with Church Vale – both carriageways)
- Church Vale (Parsonage Street to Dagger Lane)
- Dagger Lane (Church Vale to Lloyd Street)
- Salters Lane (Dagger Lane to Lodge Hill Road)
- Lloyd Street (Dagger Lane to Segar Street)
Westminster Road, between Hall Green Road and Marsh Lane, will be closed at approximately 9.30am ready for the parade to form up.
At around 10.45am, the procession will move forward along Westminster Road and into Marsh Lane continuing along the listed roads until the parade arrives at Lloyd Street.
The road closures will be rolling and not all roads will be closed at the same time. Once the parade has safely passed the roads will re-open.
More information on St George’s Day events at www.sandwell.gov.uk/stgeorge
For the Vaisakhi procession in Smethwick, the following roads in Sandwell will close on a rolling basis.
- B4169 High Street – from its junction with St Alban’s Road to its junction with High Street (A4030)
- A4030 High Street – from its junction with High Street (B4169) to its junction with Tollhouse Way (A457)
- A457 Tollhouse Way – from its junction with Crocketts Lane to its junction with Fenton Street)
- B4135 Rolfe Street – from its junction with Tollhouse way (A457) to its junction with Rabone Lane (B4236)
- B4136 Rabone Lane – from its junction with Rolfe Street (B4135) to its junction with Booth Street (B4135)
- B4135 Booth Street – from its junction with Rabone Lane (B4135) to the borough boundary
On leaving this stretch of Booth Street, the procession will continue across the borough boundary into Birmingham where it will proceed to Handsworth Park.
The road closures will be on a rolling basis and not all roads will be closed at the same time. The procession is scheduled to leave from outside the Baba Sang Ji Gurdwara at 10am and will cross Tollhouse Way around 11am.
It is anticipated that High Street will be closed from 6am and that Tollhouse Way will be closed from 11am for around 30 minutes. These timings are approximate and are subject to the procession starting on time.