COVID-19 Restrictions – West Bromwich is Tier 2
Following Boris Johnson’s announcement yesterday regarding further COVID-19 restrictions and the introduction of a tiered system it has now been confirmed that Sandwell is confirmed as ‘High’ and therefore in Tier 2. This means that from Wednesday 14th October there will new rules in place for Sandwell.
These rules include:
- You will no longer be able to meet people from outside your own household, or support bubble, in any indoor setting. This includes pubs and restaurants.
- You must not socialise in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other spaces like beaches or parks (other than where specific exemptions apply in law)
- Businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law
- Certain businesses are required to ensure customers only consume food and drink while seated, and must close between 10pm and 5am – this includes pubs, bars, cafes and takeaways.
- Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through
- Schools, universities and places of worship remain open
- Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees
- Exercise classes and organised sport can continue to take place outdoors. These will only be permitted indoors if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with or share a support bubble with, or for youth or disability sport
- You can continue to travel to venues or amenities that are open, for work or to access education, but should look to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible.
You should also continue to follow existing restrictions such as social distancing and wearing a mask in places that are mandatory.